CLIPBOARD in Word via Android mobile app (Samsung phone)

Copper Contributor

Why is my clipboard available very rarely and almost always "gray" and unusable in the Word app (see title)?? I can always copy something, go to a Word doc, and paste it while it's still showing on the Samsung Keyboard Toolbar (where copied text is shown until you do ANYTHING else, after which it must be pasted using the clipboard). Once it's gone, in fact even while it's there, the clipboard is "faded" or "gray" and is unusable maybe 90% of the time. The puzzler is that occasionally it works as it should/always has in the past? Several times I've tried all the usual combinations of force stopping, cache clearing, restarting, reinstalling, etc. and can't find any scenario or situation to correlate with it functioning or being unavailable??

I'd guess that 95% of my Word mobile app usage consists of copy/pasting in the midst of writing a lengthy message on a website or elsewhere, when I suddenly remember the countless times I've lost everything and had to start over, whether having been suddenly "timed out", or switching apps w/out thinking/returning to an empty box, or one of the many other scenarios, none of which currently come to mind.

Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or knowledge you'd be so kind as to share? Thank you in advance, it's quite frustrating to be momentarily proud of myself for remembering to write (whatever) somewhere safe/saveable, and then being unable to do it...

2 Replies

I have this issue, googled it many times but I can't figure it out. 

@Barry2080 I have same problem.  The clipboard seems to b graded out 100% of the time in my Msoft Word on my Samsung Galaxy phone!