Checkbox Automation

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am wanting to turn a checkbox on/off automatically based on a user input. I figure this would require an IF statement of some sort, I am fine with writing IF statements, but have never done this in Word.

What exactly I am trying to do is:

User submits a microsoft form.

Using Power Automate and content control boxes, their input is applied to certain fields in a word template.

If a particular keyword is mentioned in the user input, I would want a checkbox to be automatically checked, if the word is not mentioned, I would want the checkbox to default to being unchecked.

This is basically a workaround because I had read that power automate cannot automate checkbox questions in Microsoft forms to Word templates. So if the user checks off a box in the microsoft form, it outputs that answer they checked, in the word template I would have a content control box that would bring that answer into the template but make the content box not visible. The checkbox would then read the word from the invisible content box and check itself off if appropriate.

Let me know if something like this would be possible. I've done this in PDF documents for sure, but not sure with Word.

Best,

Michael

1 Reply
I can't help you with this unfortunately but I am having a similar problem- I want to do the reverse of what you are trying to do I think! I want to have certain text visible / not visible depending on whether or not a check box is ticked. Do you know if that is something that is possible within word and if so, how I do it!? Thanks