Cascading Dropdowns in MS Word

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

ISSUE:  I am creating a dropdown list of data and would like to automatically populate another text field based on the data selected in the first dropdown.

For example:  From a dropdown, a user can select from the below list:

1. Request approval to renew existing contract
  2. Request approval to accept name change
  3. Request approval of Recommended Proposals

Based on the selection above, the relevant data below would populate another field:

1. Request approval to renew existing contracts - **Insert Agency Name, **Insert Project Number and Project Title in the amount of **Insert $ (i.e. $90,000 or $90,000.50 if cents) with **Insert Company Legal Name to provide **Insert brief description of work or services to be provided. This action exercises the first of two renewal options. One renewal options remains.  Effective dates:
  2. Request approval to accept name change and authorizing the Department of Purchasing & contract Compliance to reflect the name change of **Insert current company name to **Insert new company name.  Effective upon BOC approval.
  3. Request approval of recommended proposal - **Insert Agency Name, **Insert Project Number and Project Title in the amount of **Insert $ (i.e. $90,000 or $90,000.50 if cents) with **Insert Company Legal Name to provide **Insert brief description of work or services to be provided upon execution of contract **Insert specified time for project completion or upon execution of contract through December 31, Insert Year, with **Insert number of renewal options.

Is this possible in MS Word?

Thanks!

0 Replies