Caption follow on in table of tables

Copper Contributor

Hi. I am formatting using APA style which requires tables and figures to have the table/ figure number on one line and then the title on the next line e.g.

Table 1

Participant Characteristics

In my Table of Tables, I want to have something like this:

Table 1 Participant Characteristics..........................................................................99

I have tried making Table 1 the caption, and then Participant Characteristics as the caption follow on.

Is it possible to get the table number and title on the same line in the Table of Tables, please?

3 Replies

Hello @bkyward ,

this is very easy and you can use it with any style whether it uses automated numbering or not, or when the title is very long. Just use the line breaker (Shift+Return) at the point you need. Line breaker does not end a paragraph therefore any style you include in a ToC or table of captions/indexes will include the entire paragraph content in one line by default:

Lenka_Kerumova_0-1650524879253.png

Thanks. Works perfectly! @Lenka_Kerumova 

@bkyward 

If you are using the Caption facility to insert your table captions, all you have to do is add a line break (Shift+Enter) after the caption number. In the list of tables, the line break will be replaced by a space (by default). 

Stefan_Blom_0-1650551413348.png