At 200% zoom the screen floats

Copper Contributor

In the new Microsoft Update...

In the previous software I was able to type at 200% which I do every time; now when doing that the page sways from side to side. Is there a way to have the page at 200% and freeze the zoom effects that cause the swaying. I am a writer and this is my life and this has been a very difficult adjustment I just can not manage.

Please Contact me with your support.

Best,

Tucker Cordai

517-294-4210

1 Reply

@Tucker0310 

When you set the zoom to 200% and display the horizontal ruler, can you see the full length between the left and right paragraph indent markers? 

If you can make both markers appear by adjusting the horizontal scroll bar, then the page should not sway from side to side. You just won't be able to see the edges of the "paper", which will be off the screen to left and right.

If you can't make both markers appear at the same time -- if one of them scrolls off the screen when the other one comes into view -- then the only way within Word to fix that is to set the zoom to a smaller percentage, maybe 190% or less. The other way is to change the display resolution of Windows, but that will affect everything in all programs.