WVD W10 w/Office365 PP & Outlook Signin issues

Copper Contributor

Hello

We have deployed an Win10 Image from Azure w/Office365 & Installed FXLogics.
users signin, get a VHD from fileserver and all looks good. 

Open Outlook and signin and create profile.

user works for a day then logs off and back on later.

Here the trouble begin because now outlook hangs with 'Password Required'.

When we click this see for a splitsecond a white screen which dissapears again.

This looks and appears as the 'signin' from Offie 365.

If we then decide to remove the outlook profile we can't create a new one as Outlook wont show a signin dialouge. we just get the 'are you this user' or 'diagnose errors'.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 Replies
Welcome to the Party! I've been dealing with that issue for a few months. If you add these keys prior to setting up the outlook profile you shouldnt have any more issues. These key entries are per user.
We have had a problem related to o365 activation similar to this. Outlook will complain that its unlicensed software, and you will get a sign in window that you put the user's email address in, but it doesnt ask for a password, and does not pull a license. The fix for us was to sign in with a different user when prompted, or log into an app that has never had a log in to trigger the full office 365 login experience. It took us most of a day to figure that one out

@mmarti1223 Yeah it is a very frustrating error and our client are becomming more and more impatient. Well it looks like we are getting closer and closer to a solution. 

would have hoped for something like this to have been anticipated by Microsoft when they publish a 'complete solution' for WVD and O365PP but i Guess thats just the way it is :p

I have created theese two regkeys for HKEYCU:
"EnableADAL=0" and "DisableADALatopWAMOverride=1"

And there are no other funny regkeys for this?

Edit: today had a user with problem, removed outlook profile, removed %appdata% microsoft\outlook contents and tried to recreate outlook. Unfortunately this did no change. So problem persist despite above regkeys...

@Juleulven We had the exact same issue when we initially rolled out WVD to a number of pilot users. To get around this for us we had to disable Modern Authentication due to it only being an issue with the Modern Auth pop up window. Since having that Disabled we have not noticed the issue. 

Its not an idea solutions but its one that got us working in the interim as our users would get prompted for a password and the pop up box would pop up and disappear with out being able to put the password in.  I suspect it will be resolved in a future office update one hopes! 

@WillSomerville Hey

Thanks for confirming the same issue. When you had issues on a users profile which steps besides RegKeys did you take?

Regkey

server reboot

users outlook profile reset

users -userprofile delete

or something else perhaps?
I'm asking because we implemented the regkeys, reboot, outlook profile reset and this didn't help.

We ended up deleting the users entire VHD before we could login.

I mean if this is whats needed then we do that... because otherwise i'm missing some steps ..

Thanks for continued comments and patience.

@Juleulven  hey, 

What i did was from the 365 portal which was under the new admin portal under services and addins disable modern authentication which then allowed users to authenticate via the old style authentication prompts as there we identified an issue with modern authentication windows within outlook where they would just close. 

Cheers

Will  

@Juleulven I had the same issue in our environment.  I set up a powershell script to run at every log on to activate the AADBroker plugin.  

to verify that it is (not) installed, run this in powershell: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin

to turn on the plug in, run this in powershell: Add-AppxPackage -Register "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

i have a startup powershell script that runs that upon every login.  we will see if it fixes it.  hopefully microsoft comes out with an update soon, seems like this is affecting a lot of users.