WVD MDM/Co-Management

Copper Contributor

We have enabled co-management to manage Windows Updates and Office 365 installation in our environment. Having set up a hostpool in Virtual Desktop (Win 10 multi) for testing, I have noticed after installing the SCCM client co-management can not be enabled.

<![LOG[Co-management is disabled but expected to be enabled.]LOG]!>

<![LOG[Not a workstation, this device should be SCCM managed.]LOG]!>

'Access work or school' options are also unavailable as the OS is identifying itself as a server. Are modern management solutions like Intune going to be usable on Windows 10 multi session in future as this could likely mean the reintroduction of WSUS for update management which i dont really want to do.

3 Replies

I have been able to get the WVD Multisession VMs to connect to Intune by enrolling them from the Intune end user portal. I haven't done much for patch management yet, but Intune and GPOs are possible.

@Mark Ison Did you ever find a solution for this?  We're having the same problem (even after 2 years). Lol

thanks.

@Mike_Wyatt Hi Mike, so... as I understand it Intune now officially supports Co-Management.

Use the same GPO's that you would on workstations to force the enrolment, but make sure you use the 'device credentials' option.

If the hosts enrol under a specific user, you can remove the primary user in Endpoint Manager to convert it to a shared device. After enrolment, it appears that 99% of the older 'template' based Intune policies are not applicable to multi-session :( , instead preferring the newer 'Settings Catalog' policy type. The only supported template policies are certificate and device VPN ones (Using Azure Virtual Desktop multi-session with Microsoft Endpoint Manager | Microsoft Docs). There are then some Update for Business policies available in the Settings Catalog.

Hope that helps?