SOLVED

wvd client errors connecting to desktop

Copper Contributor

Hi everybody

I'm deploying many vwd host pools for customers and sometimes I've noticed a strange issue:

When I try to open a connection to a pool I get 6 panels with these messages (with only the ok button):

QB2LST: Channel not initialized
QB2PRT: Channel not initialized
QB2STP: Channel not initialized
QB2LST: Channel not initialized
QB2PRT: Channel not initialized
QB2STP: Channel not initialized

After clicking 6 times the ok button, it asks for credentials and then the desktop opens and works without problems but it's a bit annoying and hard to explain to customers.

What do these messages mean and how can I avoid them?

Thank you in advance

9 Replies

@setadini2475: Can you give more context where you see those panels?

Hi @Eva Seydl 

After "subscribing" to the remote desktop windows app, I can see the list of desktops/apps available to my account.

When I try to open one of them I get a panel opening with the first of the 6 messages and a ok button.

clipboard_image_0.png

After clicking 6 times ok, it asks for password and then opens the desktop.

It doesn't happen all times but most of them.

I've already tried to deinstall/reinstall different versions of the client app and to unsubscrbe/subscribe with different credentials. Actually it's happening to me and other collegues as well.

I don't know if there is a log of the remote desktop app to give you more details..

Thank you

Is there any difference between the Remote Desktop client and the HTML 5 experience in your case? Do the same errors appear also?

Hi @knowlite 

Actually I got the messages only on the windows client. Using the html5 one I never got any of these message, but I do use it rarely so I don't know if it's windows-client-only issue.

Thank you

Sergio

@knowlite: Can you open a support ticket on that issue or report through feedback hub? @David Belanger can you review if you have already customer reports on this.

best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@setadini2475 do you by any chance have Remote Desktop plugins installed? I haven't seen this error so far. For tracking I have filed bug # 24426112. If possible, see if you can report the issue through feedback hub and send a link to the feedback.

@David Belanger 

I have a custom rdp plugin installed; Now I've removed it and the first connection didn't prompt for errors.

Since the errors are not prompting at every connection it's too early to think it was the cause but I'm optimist.

The deinstalled plugin is a custom one developed internally by us; is there some special config to do to make it work on normal rdp connections and to avoid the errors on WVD?

Thank you

@setadini2475Did you find out how to use custom rdp plugin in WVD?

@HamidRB The installed plugin was the cause of the error and it was not a necessary one (it was a print accelerator but the new remote desktop clienti is fast enough for our applications).

I've simply removed it and the clients are working..

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@setadini2475 do you by any chance have Remote Desktop plugins installed? I haven't seen this error so far. For tracking I have filed bug # 24426112. If possible, see if you can report the issue through feedback hub and send a link to the feedback.

View solution in original post