Windows Installer command options

Brass Contributor

Could anyone tell me the solution of following issues please?

I used following commands to install Lotus Notes from both cmd and powershell on windows virtual desktop, but it doesn't work. How should I change the options?

I used following command, but it doesnt seem to work..

setup.exe /v"SETMULTIUSER=1 MULTIUSERBASEDIR=C:\Notes_Data\!USERNAME!MULTIUSERCOMMONDIR=C:\Notes_Data\common"

and adding /s but popup the menu of  Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.18362.1

6 Replies
what version of Lotus notes are you trying to install?

@yatsu40 Could you also give us more information, what is exactly failing? 

@Soo Kuan Teo 

@patrickkoehler

Thank you for all your support, Please let me know if you need more information.

My team uses WVD as multi-users and we also like to install Notes as multi-user, then I did it.
Personal data of Notes is under user directory(\users\xxx\..\appdata) as default but all of them are deleted after I reboot WVD, and I guess that it's because of FSLogix. Then I want to change data directory for users not to delete them after reboot.
I refer the procedure

Notes version: IBM Notes 9.0.1 Social Edition

did you follow the turorial to setup the fslogix?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/fslogix-containers-azure-files
Can you also please check the event logs to see if there are any obvious errors?
can you please run Get-RdsSessionHost and share your TenantName, SessionHostName? Please replace some characters in the names with * so they're not completely in cleartext.

@Soo Kuan Teo

Thank you for your prompt reply, much appreciated!

I enabled Local GPO settings on [Delete local profile when FSLogix Profile should apply],

so I think it's natural to delete data on user directory. Then I want to change the Notes user directory.

I hope you understand what you mean and I'm sorry that I dont get your point.

Sincerely, Ko 

Can you also please check the event logs to see if there are any obvious errors?
can you please run the powershell command Get-RdsSessionHost and share your TenantName, SessionHostName? Please replace some characters in the names with * so they're not completely in cleartext. It's even better if you can share the activity id of the connection that has the issue you described.