SOLVED

Users are getting license warning and are disconnected after 60 minutes from WVD

Brass Contributor

Hello,

we have a situation that two minutes after logging into a WVD session (Win 10 1903 multi-user), users are getting a warning about an invalid license and they will be logged off after 60 minutes. After 60 minutes the session is disconnected.

After logon there are two error events in the TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Admin Event Log.

Event ID 50215 : The Remote Desktop Session Host Server was unable to retrieve user license information from AAD. Error: CheckLicensingFromAAD - Read AccessToken Failed: hr=0x80070057

Event ID 50215: The Remote Desktop Session Host Server was unable to retrieve user license information from AAD. User [ADDSDOMAIN\UserName]. hr=0x80070057

The event log entries started in October already. I assume users are now getting the message after a 30 day grace period. The entire deployment is operational without any problems since July.

All users are licensed with M365 E3. The AD DS and AAD are synchronized via AD Connect with Azure Hybrid Join enable. The problem affects all servers in two pools. All servers are registered in AAD and users are able to use SSO when logged in and using Office 365 applications.

I hope anyone can help us with this problem.

Thank you

Sascha Stops

24 Replies

@Mtollex70 you are right. It's not part of KB4528760 but instead will be part of the next cumulative update. 

@PieterWigleven Hi Pieter, any new on the fix for this issue? I have the same for one of my clients.

@tomv_ips This should be part of the next cumulative update, which is scheduled for Feb 11.  

@PieterWigleven So is it confirmed that the update from tuesday fixes this issue?

@Mtollex70  Looks like it. Not tested extemsively but certainly not appeared in my session at the moment.