Suppress WVD Client update notifications

Copper Contributor

Is there an install switch or registry value we can set to suppress the update notifications? thanks

4 Replies
Hi Jonathan, when you see the notification, it is a good practice to keep update the client. Running up-to-date client will make sure you have the latest enhanced features, bug fixes. Can you please share your reason why you want to suppress the update notifications?

@Soo Kuan Teo Thanks for the response. Due to still being in pilot phase, i had deployed the client via intune to devices with the ALLUSERS=1 switch. I did this so the client didn't start deploying to our internal workstations as it would if assigned to users rather than devices. Yesterdays client update, prompted users to update, but due to the way i had deployed it, they required admin rights to perform the client update.

This prompted some thought and i now understand we do not have an efficient way to deploy client updates to workstations through intune outside of core hour preventing disruption to the service. I have since decided to change the way the client is deployed, i will remove the current client and redeploy to users without the ALLUSERS=1 switch. This should allow the non administrative users to schedule the client update at a time that does not cause them disruption. 

Are you able to confirm if the above assumptions are correct?

Thanks again for the response 

Jonny5

Yes, if you install WVD client per machine, you'll need admin rights.

Hi!

Via GPO -> Computer Config -> Policies -> Admin Templates -> Windows Components:

- Cloud Content:

Dont Show Windows Tips (enable)

Turn off MS Consumer Exp (enable

-Windows Security/Notifications:
Hide all notifications (enable)

Kind regards,

Dolf