MSIX App attach error on Windows 10 preview build

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I'm following this guide for MSIX app attach on WVD https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/app-attach 

but get the following error using the stage.ps1 script. Any ideas? The files mentioned are present. 

Thanks

Local volumes are required to complete the operation.
Result                 :
Id                     : 211
Exception              : System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: The file is
                         not a valid Appx package because it is missing a manifest or block map, or missing a
                         signature file when the code integrity file is present.
                         error 0x80080203: Opening the loose file package from location
                          failed.
                            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                         ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: The file is not a valid Appx package because it
                         is missing a manifest or block map, or missing a signature file when the code integrity file
                         is present.
                         error 0x80080203: Opening the loose file package from location
                         failed.<---
3 Replies

@HandA this error 0x80080203 usually indicates that the path passed to do staging from is incorrect or/and does not point to a valid appmanifest.xml. 

I usually troubleshoot this by mounting the VHD as and drive (E:) and manually browsing to the folder where the manifest is and comparing to what my code does.

Regards

@Stefan Georgiev  Could you please give some more details of comparing manifest file with which code.

@pjbalan not sure what we are talking about here...if you are looking into all the checks that are there in the MSIX format for MSIX app attach those are based on public APIs tied to APPX/MSIX.