Is the Set-RDSTenant <TenantName> -FriendlyName <NewFriendlyName> working yet?

New Contributor

When I try to assign a Friendly name to the tenant, I just get an error message at this time. 


Set-RdsTenant : TenantName: 'xxxxxxxxx' cannot be updated.
ActivityId: 67b783b5-42c7-43a5-a241-38b38c13cfa5
Powershell commands to diagnose the failure:
Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -ActivityId 67b783b5-42c7-43a5-a241-38b38c13cfa5

4 Replies

Hi @Alex Levin ,


What is the outcome of the Get-RdsDiagnosticActivicities cmdlet? Especially the Errors property is important, so you should add -Detailed to the cmdlet & expand the Errors property

Hi @Alex Levin, thanks for reporting this issue. We have all the information to investigate. It is a regressions in our management tool.   

I will let you know as soon as I have the update.



Soo Kuan  




Hey Michawets, thank you for jumping in the thread.  I did try to run it, and when I did, I just received the following below.  When I saw this, my assumption was that this was for maybe the backend MS techs or that this feature had not been fully developed yet where we could utilize it yet.   If there is something I can adjust please let me know and I"ll try again.


Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities : User is not authorized to query the management service.
ActivityId: 8684d445-1996-4eb7-8db4-aac348a6b1fa
Powershell commands to diagnose the failure:
Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -ActivityId 8684d445-1996-4eb7-8db4-aac348a6b1fa


Kind Regards,


@Soo Kuan Teo 


That is great news!  Thank you for the feedback Soo, and I look forward to the update in the future!


Kind Regards,