Is it possible to configure Uni-directional Clipboard Redirection for WVD

Brass Contributor

In some cases, we may need to set uni-directional clipboard redirection where we may need to restrict the client to WVD clipboard redirection or WVD to client clipboard redirection.

Can we have the possibility to block data copy out the Windows Virtual Desktop session to the local client but allowing the user to copy from a local client to WVD Session. 

Following RDP file settings we will be able to either
- 0: Clipboard on local computer isn't available in remote session
- 1: Clipboard on local computer is available in remote session

But this will fulling block or alow clipboard both direction not uni-directional

7 Replies
thanks for your feedback. WVD/RDP only support full block/unblock clipboard redirection.

@Soo Kuan Teo 

Yes, this is exactly what it does, but I'm looking for a workaround that will help my customer to get their needs from such a solution, at least 3rd party solution that can help to get the content into WVD Session and blocking Getting data out of WVD Session. 

@MahmoudAtallah 

Please mention any known third party in which we can achieve uni-direction clipboard copy.  

This is much needed feature. Users been using these features in our Citrix VDI platform. but when we migrate to AVD these users are bit unhappy due to this clipboard redirection restriction.
Hope MS will fix it soon.
Same here, can't believe there's no solution to this yet. Is it that weird that organizations don't want data to be leaked, but want to allow users enter data easilly by copy/paste?

I am bumping this up as well as this is a large issue in my org.  

This even provided by VMware Horizon VDI but not in AVD. My migration is stuck Big SAD FACE :(