Has anyone found a way to disable the WVD Agent automatic Upgrades?

Brass Contributor

We had an issue where the WVD Agent and agent manager installed on our session hosts (Win 7 enterprise systems) were failing to automatically upgrade yesterday.  This resulted in all desktops in the pools reporting as "Unavailable"    I would like to turn off the automatic upgrade functionality so we can avoid this in the future.

Does anyone know how we can turn off the automatic upgrades of the agent?

5 Replies

@AndrewPhebus 

Hi Andrew, I'm seeing this today as well, affecting Win7 making them all unavailable.

How did you fix yours?

Also I'll have to try and work ou how to stop it upgrading

@Tim_Beer 

I was able to recreate my pools with the older 1288.2700 agent and it auto updated to the 1932.6704 agents.

It seems Microsoft stopped the rollout of the 2116.2800 update and my pools have stabilized for now.  I am hoping to get a reg key or some way to turn off the auto upgrade as a few hundred desktops unavailable is unacceptable in the middle of the work week without notification of an update coming.

@AndrewPhebus thanks so much, just trying to fix mine now, just found out they are down

Ive reached out to the WVD community see if they have any ideas

Thank you for reporting! Please file a support case for your issue, and escalate the case to product team.

@Soo Kuan TeoThis issue is occurring again today, I have SEV A case 120070924001933  opened.  Can we do anything to escalate this?

@Tim_Beer have you made any progress?

From my application logs these errors are repeating:

The description for Event ID 3016 from source WVDAgentManager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

AgentMsiUpdater : Failed to update to WVDAgent_1.0.1932.6704 with exception: WVDAgentManager.Common.WVDAgentHeartBeatUnHealthyException: WVDAgent_1.0.1932.6704 did not report healthy in allocated time
at WVDAgentManager.AgentMsiUpdater.CheckAgentHealth(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\agent\_work\1\s\src\RDAgent\src\WVDAgentManager\AgentMsiUpdater.cs:line 162
at WVDAgentManager.AgentMsiUpdater.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken stoppingToken) in C:\agent\_work\1\s\src\RDAgent\src\WVDAgentManager\AgentMsiUpdater.cs:line 91

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table