Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities returns no activities, even when setting tenant name and upn

Copper Contributor

Recently, we have noticed that the get-rdsdiagnosticactivities command returns no results.  It completes (doesn't error out), but simply returns empty.

PS C:\temp> Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -TenantName dclwvd
Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities : There were no activities found.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -TenantName dclwvd
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : FromStdErr: (Microsoft.RDInf...osticActivities:GetRdsDiagnosticActivities) [Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities], RdsPowerS
hellException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ActivitiesNotFound,Microsoft.RDInfra.RDPowershell.Diagnostics.GetRdsDiagnosticActivities

This happens across multiple users/appids, clients, tenants, and subscriptions, when permissions are fully set via RDS Owner role.

Is there a service issue, or what am I missing?

7 Replies

@douglind1 

I get exactly the same I've tried over the last few days this is coupled with issues connecting to the desktop which needs significant numbers of retries

@douglind1 Same issue for me. With my admin account, I'm Tenant Creator and RDS Owner on the RDS Tenant so I really don't understand.

If you have the solution, I'm in.

@douglind1 Do you or anybody else know if MS have reenabled this yet? We're still getting no activities to

get-rdsdiagnosticsactivity -tenant XXX

Analytics is working fine, but is delayed by up to 30 minutes, meaning it's no use solving here and now problems! 

@smootheuk 

Another month gone by, and I'm still getting no activities as well.

@MS_Clouder @douglind1  Unofficial answer I was given by MS - "It's not coming back". Is not part of Spring ARM release at all. Guidance is to use Analytics, but I've told them that it's not fast enough - which they heard and fed back to product.