FSLogix Profile Issues

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We run a WVD/FSLogix enviroment with 3 main pools all running D8s v3 machines and our FSLogix disks are being server from Azure Files. So 2 of these 3 pools run between 4-6 users per machine and we have a lot of applications on one of these pools as one is for us in IT.

Now the 3rd pool we have is the one we are having issues with from time-to-time, this pool runs a max of 8 users. Only recently we have been getting hit with temporary profiles, "Windows Cannot Sign In To Your Account" once logged in and sometimes "The User profile service could not be loaded" upon attempt to login .

S-1-5-18 2/5/2021 9:18:31 AM      4244 Restoring registry key S-1-5-21-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX--5461\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.)
S-1-5-18 2/5/2021 9:18:29 AM      4244 The profile is marked as a temporary profile. Username: XXXXXX  SID: S-1-5-21-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-5461
S-1-5-18 2/5/2021 9:18:16 AM      4244 Profile load: Status: 0  Reason: 0  Error: 0  Username: XXXXXXX  SID: S-1-5-21-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-5461
S-1-5-18 2/5/2021 9:18:16 AM      4244 Prep2 (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.)
S-1-5-18 2/5/2021 9:18:15 AM      4244 RegLoadKey: C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.)

There's been instances where a machine or 2 in the pool for whatever reason won't have started the FSLOGIX service, or if it has doesn't register any logins and profiles would not mount to the machines correctly or dismount leaving C:\Users with profile directories. This pool has many business applications.

Saturday we had a meltdown where FSLogix was misbehaving, the C:\Users of the host where our CEO was got completely full, I spotted profiles that had not dismounted from the previous day and had large OSTs in them. Also I noticed the following information log recently on a few hosts:

"The winlogon notification subscriber <frxsvc> was unavailable to handle a critical notification event."

Luckily I had scripted a tool which :

1. Deletes the FSLogix Session Key from Registry which matches a users SID

2. Deletes the WindowsNT profile list key which matches SID

3. Clears C:\Users of affected user directory of where they previously were (Can sometimes get locked however)

After running this tool and having the host which was a problem in drain mode our users could get in.

This has become a serious issue though because we even rebuilt this pool out with Windows 20H2 and latest FSLogix and one machine built last night has already pushed out a temp profile.

I'm aware of the FSLogix reg keys such CleanUpInvalidSessions & PreventLoginWithTempProfile which I don't think we have implemented currently but want to understand why these issues are happening in the first place for this pool out of the 3.

This is driving us bananas, so any help/advice would be great as we cannot afford to have these profile issues on a regular basis. We have gone months without them. I don't think its the amount of users on the hosts within this specific pool because it can be an issue for the very first login of the day on these hosts.

0 Replies