FSLogix - Profile can not load

Copper Contributor

deleted

14 Replies

@Rauke7492  it looks like it's a permissions issue with the FSLogix profile SMB share.  can you try changing the profile location to something locally and see if it will create a new VHD in your new location?

@benjamink9 

Thank you :). That works without problems. How do I get permission on the Azure SMB share? I don't remember setting anything on the other VM.

Unbenannt.PNG

@Rauke7492 

1. try testing to see if your account has permissions to the profile path by navigating to your storage account's path using the UNC

if you don't /aren't able to navigate to that path, then you need to:

2. navigate to the storage account in azure portal.  under configuration check to make sure "azure active directory domain service (AAD DS)" is set to enable (if that's how you're using it. 

3. navigate to the storage account in azure portal.  under access control (IAM), check access to your Azure AD user/group.  make sure that user or group has "Storage File Data SMB Share Contributor" access.

@benjamink9 

comes down to the same thing. I get the release via the UNC path.
What is missing in the REG?

Unbenannt.PNG

@Rauke7492 i doubt its a registry setting issue; looks like it's an issue with how the storage account is set up.  did you set up AADS authentication and ensure that the azure ad user has Storage File Data SMB Share Contributor rights under access control (IAM)?

@benjamink9 

as you described above. I am a global administrator

Unbenannt.PNG

@Rauke7492 ok, well i had the same issue as you're having, and it was fixed by me adding the permissions under access control (IAM) and also under configuration > AADDS enabled.

@Rauke7492  and i have owner permissions. 

@benjamink9 

I'll give myself ownership tomorrow morning, but that's not for the normal user. On the first VM, everything runs without problems

@benjamink9 

unfortunately did not work

@benjamink9 

The storage account is in a different Azure region than the VM.

@Rauke7492

We are using Horizon "floating" VDI pool and I am configuring FSLogix profiles for them to be saved into a share in the azure cloud storage account.  I have stored the Access key for the storage account via PS script in the template image. When the cloned VDIs are created in the "floating" pool, I also run a script via GPO in a "computer configuration" to store the same access key and, in addition, another GPO ( that is linked to a security group that the user is a member of) fires a scheduled task where the mapping to a file share in that storage group is created.

What happens: I have my profile .VHDX file created from one of the floating VDIs, but on subsequent logins, where different VDIs are used (since it is Horizon's floating pool), I am not able to attach to that profile again. Other users can't even create that profile and the error is always the same:

FindFile failed for path: \\xxxx.file.core.windows.net\shareXX\username_SID.VHDX (the target name is incorrect).  Even though, the mapped share opens without prompting a user for credentials.

What is going wrong in that process? Can Azure support chime in?

Slava

I may have found the fix, finally,

No doubt, this can help other adopters of FSLogix...

The fix is to enable the settings in FSLogix's installed agent (via GPO or directly in the registry).

It is "Access network as computer" key in Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/FSLogix/Profile Container/Advanced/

After I applied the modified GPO, my floating Horizon VDI happily attached itself to the already existing user profile .VHDX from Azure storage share :)

Slava

@Rauke7492 

This is a permission issue.

I have tested in on-prem environment and figured out that when I am sharing the VDH there is permission tab then for Everyone select Change from the options.
I found that issue when I am getting error for not able to create any file or folder under shared VDH.

fslogix-Error000000005.png