Free WVD Community AutoScaling Tool released

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone,

this week I´ve released the second version of the WVD AutoScaling Tool. This tool has been developed to help non-familiar PowerShell users getting started with Session Host scaling. The tool itself relies completely on Microsofts documentation and helps with a graphical user interface to configure scaling in less than 15 minutes! And the best thing - it´s for FREE! 

These features are included: 

• Graphical User Interface (Modern Windows UI)
  • Secure connection to Azure (including MFA capabilities for your secure enrolment)
  • Provides all the steps mentioned in the official Microsoft documentation in just one single tool
  • Less than 2 minutes of user/admin interaction
  • Automated creation of the Automation Account
  • Automated creation of the required Run-As Account
  • Automated creation of the Logic App with all parameters
  • WebHook URI will be detected automatically
  • Your configuration will be saved in a file, if you need to quickly perform an update to your scaling, you don´t need to update the LogicApp from the Azure Portal / CLI
  • Always up-to-date, when Microsoft updates the script
  • Portable script / tool

Please find the feature video here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdhzcko6U34&feature=emb_logo

As well as the download link and documentation here:

https://wvdlogix.net/wvdlogix-autoscaling-tool

Reach out to me if you need any support, or in case that you have some ideas to improve it!

Looking forward hearing from you!

Cheers,

Patrick

1 Reply

@patrickkoehler 

Hi, when I launch your script it gives me this error. Do you know what could be happening to me?

Get-RandomString : El término 'Get-RandomString' no se reconoce como nombre de un cmdlet, función, archivo de script o
programa ejecutable. Compruebe si escribió correctamente el nombre o, si incluyó una ruta de acceso, compruebe que
dicha ruta es correcta e inténtelo de nuevo.
En C:\temp\WVDLogixAutoScale\WVDLogixAutoScale.ps1: 78 Carácter: 18
+ $SSCertPWD = Get-RandomString -StringLength 8 -AlphanumericOnly $ ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-RandomString:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

C:\Temp\WVDLogixAutoScale\Scripts\New-RunAsAccount.ps1 : No se puede procesar la transformación del argumento del
parámetro 'SubscriptionId'. No se puede convertir el valor al tipo System.String.
En C:\temp\WVDLogixAutoScale\WVDLogixAutoScale.ps1: 112 Carácter: 141
+ ... tName $AutomationAccountName -SubscriptionID $Subscription.Id -Applic ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [New-RunAsAccount.ps1], ParameterBindingArgumentTransformationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,New-RunAsAccount.ps1

Get-Content : No se encuentra la ruta de acceso 'C:\Temp\WVDLogixAutoScale\Scripts\WVDLogixAutomation.log' porque no
existe.
En C:\temp\WVDLogixAutoScale\WVDLogixAutoScale.ps1: 116 Carácter: 16
+ ... $WebHook = Get-Content $WorkingFolderPath"\Scripts\WVDLogixAutomatio ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Temp\WVDLogi...xAutomation.log:String) [Get-Content], ItemNotFoundEx
ception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand