SOLVED

Create Virtual desktop issues

Copper Contributor

Dear all,

I encountered error when creating virtual desktop and it showing

"

ERRORS

Deployment template validation failed: 'The provided value 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Frontdoor.Common.Entities.TemplateGenericProperty`1[Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken]' for the template parameter 'newOrExistingVnet' at line '152' and column '24' is not valid. The parameter value is not part of the allowed value(s): 'existing'.'.

"

I checked the virtual network settings, it's look ok, but the issues didn't solve. Anyone encounter the same issues before? Thanks

6 Replies
I think there is a bug in the wizard. don´t create the vnet + subnet with it. Use an existing vnet + subnet configuration for WVD.

This workaround does not work as the wizard does not populate with existing resources.

@eriknu 

@Yves-tro I got the same error trying to create the WVD host via wizard. Tried existing and new connection nothing works. Does anyone know any alternative to create one for testing. 

best response confirmed by Azure-Angel (Microsoft)
Solution

@Yves-tro Got help from the MSFT guy, The subnet and subscription should be in the same region while creating the host. After selecting the correct subscription and subnet in the same region the problem was solved. 

Hey, This is pretty easy to resolve if you are still running into this problem. The problem comes in if you created the Network and Subnet in the same browser session that you plan to use to create the Windows Virtual Desktop pool. Open a browser Incognito and attempt to create the WVD. You should see success. You'll know you'll get success if you can finally see and select the network and subnet you was the WVD to connect to.

This is what solve my exact same issue.

@Phoenixtekk I thought this was the issue. 
Unfortunately I cannot select any other region than US and I run everything in UK.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Azure-Angel (Microsoft)
Solution

@Yves-tro Got help from the MSFT guy, The subnet and subscription should be in the same region while creating the host. After selecting the correct subscription and subnet in the same region the problem was solved. 

View solution in original post