SOLVED

Convert UPD to FSLogix container

Copper Contributor

We are wanting to move our users from RDS to WVD without losing or redoing the the profiles. Is there a way to convert the traditional RDS UPD profile (VHD) to a FSLogix profile container (Would like to make it a VHDX, if that is not possible then VHD to VHD)?

Thank you in advance..

25 Replies

@Doug_Coombscan you please help me out with mounting of the vhd file. I have user profiles created in azure files and I have mapped the file share onto my session-host. I am the domainadmin/localAdmin so when I try to mount the vhd file I am not able to do so it is throwing me the following error:

mount.png 

@jerrywilkinson the log file will show why it didn't attach. %programdata%\FSLogix\logs\Profiles is where to look.

@sarahpotrick2573 maybe try attaching via Powershell and see if you can get an error code. Could be a lot of things.

There are lost files that are not found. I am not able to understand the exact cause@racook

Is it possible for you to come on call, so that we can troubleshoot. It would be great help if you can 

@Doug_Coombs The link you provided doesn't work anymore. Do you know how I can get the PS-script/modules? Are they available anywhere?

I'm also very keen to be in the preview.

We want to finally push OneDrive client to our RDSH users, but when deploying the most recent version, we found they now don't support junction points, and therefore UPDs.

I'd write something myself, but if there is a proper preview available, I'd love to try it out.

Thanks

James