Can users get persistent full desktop experience with Pooled desktoptype deployment

Copper Contributor

During deploying  WVD and selected the Pooled Desktoptype , will the users get a persistent full desktop experience.? Has anyone tested, is it possible?

I know it is possible with Personal Desktop Type  WVD deployemnt, but that will be considered same a providing a user with a dedicated VM.

A quick response is much appreciated.

3 Replies

i mean below persistent full desktop means, if a user installs any application or any modules when the user logs next will he get the same app/module  installed  with Pooled Desktoptype or have install again upon relogin?

A quick response is much appreciated.

@beamer667 

Persistent desktop (which in our case means Personal desktop) set-up ensures that a user returns always to the same machine where the users data sits. In a pooled environment depending on the GPO settings are not guaranteed to return to the same Session Host. Experience at first connect is that data needs to be loaded again. Read this article for handling profiles: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/fslogix-containers-azure-files

@Eva Seydl 

Thanks for your reply. So if we use the FSlogix Profile container and create a fileserver for this, then we can get persistent desktop.But still i think it will not be a full desktop experience for users  with pooled environment. IF a user install some tool or app in this WVD desktop, next time when he logs in the user won't be getting the installed tool or app? Is that correct understanding?

Having Personal Desktop is similar of having a separate VM in Azure, so there no point in having WVD with Personal Desktops.