SOLVED

Camera/Mic not available even with CustomRdpProperty set

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Have a new multi session Windows 10 2004 host pool that the operating system or Teams 32 bit do not see the camera or mic

The CustomRdpProperty is set as follows:

TenantName : WVD Tenant
TenantGroupName : Default Tenant Group
HostPoolName : Win10Multi
FriendlyName : Win10Multi
Description : Created through ARM template
Persistent : False
CustomRdpProperty : audiomode:i:0;audiocapturemode:i:1;camerastoredirect:s:*;devicestoredirect:s:*;
MaxSessionLimit : 2
LoadBalancerType : BreadthFirst
ValidationEnv : False
Ring :
AssignmentType :

Tested on Lenovo p52s and Macbook Air with desktop clients as well as the web client.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
best response confirmed by jameskol1776 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jameskol1776 

Do not have a solution but I did experience issues where I was not seeing device redirection working properly. I found that I was making too many changes too quickly and not allowing time for these settings to propagate and apparently take effect. They definitely are not instantaneous as I have found it'll take at least an hour or more for a change to take effect across the entire pool.

Also check and confirm that you are are seeing the RDP Settings update within the host pools properties tab.

I have my settings as such on Win 10 2004 and have success with both camera and mic redirection:

audiocapturemode:i:1;audiomode:i:0;drivestoredirect:s:*;redirectclipboard:i:1;redirectcomports:i:0;redirectprinters:i:1;redirectsmartcards:i:1;screen mode id:i:2;camerastoredirect:s:*

@CMurphyUSAThanks, that was it.  I just needed to wait.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jameskol1776 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jameskol1776 

Do not have a solution but I did experience issues where I was not seeing device redirection working properly. I found that I was making too many changes too quickly and not allowing time for these settings to propagate and apparently take effect. They definitely are not instantaneous as I have found it'll take at least an hour or more for a change to take effect across the entire pool.

Also check and confirm that you are are seeing the RDP Settings update within the host pools properties tab.

I have my settings as such on Win 10 2004 and have success with both camera and mic redirection:

audiocapturemode:i:1;audiomode:i:0;drivestoredirect:s:*;redirectclipboard:i:1;redirectcomports:i:0;redirectprinters:i:1;redirectsmartcards:i:1;screen mode id:i:2;camerastoredirect:s:*

View solution in original post