SOLVED

Azure WVD ARM Application Group Type (Desktop)

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a new application group and when I try to select Desktop in the type it is always great out. doses anyone has any idea why?

Capture.PNG

3 Replies
You need to select recourcegroup and hostpool first. Please go through the WVD create hostpool.

@Soo Kuan TeoIt is still not working  even when I select the recourcegroup and hostpool 

Capture.PNG

best response confirmed by Pavithra Thiruvengadam (Microsoft)
Solution
You can't have more than one Desktop Application Group per HostPool.

"You can create as many RemoteApp app groups within a host pool as you would like, but you can have only one desktop app group within a host pool. A default "Desktop Application Group" is automatically created Whenever you create a new host pool, so you must remove the app group first if you would like to create a new desktop app group"

So either delete the one you have or if your goal is to have multiple you'll have to create a second HostPool.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pavithra Thiruvengadam (Microsoft)
Solution
You can't have more than one Desktop Application Group per HostPool.

"You can create as many RemoteApp app groups within a host pool as you would like, but you can have only one desktop app group within a host pool. A default "Desktop Application Group" is automatically created Whenever you create a new host pool, so you must remove the app group first if you would like to create a new desktop app group"

So either delete the one you have or if your goal is to have multiple you'll have to create a second HostPool.

View solution in original post