SOLVED

Assign Application Group to a Workspace

Brass Contributor

After an Application Group has been created, how do you assign the Application Group to a Workspace in the Azure Portal?

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@Anon4343 Go to the workspace and navigate "application groups" and register the app group. When you created the appgroup, you had the option to register it to a workspace. You can do that for future app groups. 

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

Thank you Pavithra, but I'm not seeing a location to register the application group with a workspace.

overview.png

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

If I go to the workspace, there are no application groups listed. I must be missing something obvious.

ApplicationGroups.png

@Anon4343 East US 2 is the location of your workspace. Did you create any appgroups in that location? If you want to register an app group to a workspace, it needs to be in the same location.

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

Yes, all of the Application Groups are in East US 2.

ApplicationGroups.png

@Anon4343 So keep in mind that all app groups in a hostpool need to be registered to only 1 workspace. So do check if any app group in the hostpool is already registered to another workspace. I tried all combinations and that is the only explanation.

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam 

That does answer another question I had regarding Application Groups -> Workspaces in 1 to many relationships.

There are a few not registered to a Workspace.

Anon4343_1-1589923002735.png

I found the issue. Once you assign an Application Group to a Host Pool, you are limited to the Application Groups contained within the assigned Application Group's Workspace. The reason is because a Host Pool can only be part of one Workspace.

@Pavithra Thiruvengadam could you please share any official article to support this statement. I have observed the same but I'm looking for some article from Microsoft.

could you please share any official article to support this statement. I have observed the same but I'm looking for some article from Microsoft.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eva Seydl (Microsoft)
Solution

@Anon4343 Go to the workspace and navigate "application groups" and register the app group. When you created the appgroup, you had the option to register it to a workspace. You can do that for future app groups. 

View solution in original post