SOLVED

Windows May 2020 update still not available

Copper Contributor

Hey there, it's been almost a year since the release of the May update (2020) . For some reason I still can't download the update on my laptop yet, even though that it's fairly new. Is there a reason for this delay or will I have to download the update manually?

2 Replies

Hello @Nawaf 

If the newer version is not offered to you via Windows Update, you can upgrade to latest version i.e. Version 20H2 atm via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-using-iso-file

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

best response confirmed by Nawaf (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nawaf - If your device is not being offered the Windows 10 May 2020 update, a safeguard hold may be in place. Microsoft uses safeguard holds to protect a device (and you) from a failed or poor update experience. Once a fix is issued and is verified, the safeguard hold is removed and the update will be offered. You can learn more here: Safeguard holds - Windows Deployment | Microsoft Docs

If you need to download the update manually, the best option is to use the Media Creation Tool available from the Microsoft Software Download site.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nawaf (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nawaf - If your device is not being offered the Windows 10 May 2020 update, a safeguard hold may be in place. Microsoft uses safeguard holds to protect a device (and you) from a failed or poor update experience. Once a fix is issued and is verified, the safeguard hold is removed and the update will be offered. You can learn more here: Safeguard holds - Windows Deployment | Microsoft Docs

If you need to download the update manually, the best option is to use the Media Creation Tool available from the Microsoft Software Download site.

View solution in original post