SOLVED

Windows Analytics vs Desktop Analytics

Copper Contributor

Hi

A while back we had Windows Analytics which is now retired. We then got Desktop Analytics, which is probably great for those with SCCM.

But for those that are Intune only - what is the best option to get some real insight in the areas we had before; i.e. Upgrade Readiness, Update Compliance, and Device Health?

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Thomas_Norway (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Thomas_Norway,

Update Compliance is still around and fully supported and is the generally recommended approach for exactly what's its name implies.

For upgrade readiness, the expectation is that for an organization that has fully adopted a modern approach, upgrade readiness is not an issue. Specifically, app compatibility (which is typically the primary blocker for feature updates) is a rare issue with the latest versions of Win 10.

Device health is more or less fully integrated in Intune now.

So, the question here is what exactly are you missing by not having the old device health or upgrade readiness solutions and how are these blocking you? To be clear, I'm in no way saying you may not be missing things, we just need details to help us move forward.

@Jason_Sandys 
I've probably just overlooked that Update Compliance is still around. I must have thought it died when Windows Analytics got retired. That's mostly what I need - so my question is answered. 
Thanks jason. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Thomas_Norway (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Thomas_Norway,

Update Compliance is still around and fully supported and is the generally recommended approach for exactly what's its name implies.

For upgrade readiness, the expectation is that for an organization that has fully adopted a modern approach, upgrade readiness is not an issue. Specifically, app compatibility (which is typically the primary blocker for feature updates) is a rare issue with the latest versions of Win 10.

Device health is more or less fully integrated in Intune now.

So, the question here is what exactly are you missing by not having the old device health or upgrade readiness solutions and how are these blocking you? To be clear, I'm in no way saying you may not be missing things, we just need details to help us move forward.

View solution in original post