Upgrade to 1909 from 1803

Copper Contributor

many companies are in telework until September or later. 1803 expire in November. Will there be an additional delay to pass in 1909 from an 18xx, not only the 1809.

Sincerly

6 Replies

@Jcp78 We understand the challenges many of our customers are having with keeping Windows up-to-date with their users working remotely, and have published guidance to assist with those challenges. Here are some of the blogs we've published:

@Jcp78 even if support for build has been ended you still could patch updates for Anti-Malware program. May be you could share what is stopping you from upgrade so we could advise you more on that. 

Windows 10 1803 to 1909 direct upgrade not feasible or its feasible with errors as many organizations having this questions as they try to upgrade 1803 to 1909 and face challenges with multiple errors .e.g.
Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.
Last Phase = Pre First Boot
Last Operation = Upgrade security
Error = 0x800704B8-0x3001A
LogEntry: 2020-07-28 11:16:38, Error SP Cannot apply the security template for the new OS. Error: 0x800704B8
Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.
Last Setup Phase:
Phase Name: Pre First Boot
Phase Started: 7/28/2020 11:16:11 AM
Phase Ended: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
Phase Time Delta: 00:00:00
Completed Successfully? False
docs.microsoft.comdocs.microsoft.com
System Error Codes - Win32 apps
Provides links to system error codes defined in the WinError.h header file and is intended for developers.

@jay Chavan Unfortunately we are not able to troubleshoot here on this forum but using a log snippet. Microsoft support may be able to help.

@Joe Lurie 

After upgrade to 1909, my Teams Desktop client stopped working and looks like SSO error

Is there any specific setting which can be checked 

@MTayal I've seen this issue discussed on this forum before with some commenters saying that the suggested fix works, and some saying it hasn't. I'm not on the Teams team so I can't say if this is a known issue or if something changed that's causing this. If the suggestions in the post don't help, try opening a ticket with support of using Feedback Hub on any Windows 10 device.