SOLVED

Servicing Stack

Brass Contributor

I see this entry in CBS.log

CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v10.0.17134.1543 with Core: C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.1543_none_c3bc478a69901412\cbscore.dll

Clearly it's servicing stack version

Is this information held in WMI or Registry anywhere? 

Querying win32_operatingSystem returns partial data:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi win32_operatingsystem | select-object -property buildNumber,version | fl

buildNumber : 17134
version     : 10.0.17134

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Animesh Joshi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Animesh Joshi  I am curious about your need for this information.  This is internal CBS version state that is something you shouldn't have to worry about. 

The Service Stack updates are packaged and installed as KBs separate from the monthly quality updates. You can query which KBs are installed on the machine vs the latest available.  You can find the latest servicing stack updates available as well as additional guidance here

Would that be sufficient for your use case?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Animesh Joshi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Animesh Joshi  I am curious about your need for this information.  This is internal CBS version state that is something you shouldn't have to worry about. 

The Service Stack updates are packaged and installed as KBs separate from the monthly quality updates. You can query which KBs are installed on the machine vs the latest available.  You can find the latest servicing stack updates available as well as additional guidance here

Would that be sufficient for your use case?

View solution in original post