People are still using Windows 7 with happines but there is nobody to help them nowadays!

Copper Contributor

Millions of Windows 7 users are still enjoying this operating system which is a fact.

But sadly said, thanks to zero Microsoft support this OS became vulnerable to outside attacks causing BLUE SCREEN to appear more than often...

People are using their old computers for many years, people love their old computers and people don't want to bin their beloved ones just because Windows 7 is the last OS to be able to use...

Our old Windows 7 computers are working fast and except for internal problems with zero fixing by Microsoft company, there is nothing else so bad...

We, the old chaps on Windows 7 computers deserve a bit more support from Microsoft company the same way as the pensioners in care houses are getting help from society...

Microsoft company, you might consider how to help us to fix the Windows 7 vulnerabilities so that we could carry on using our beloved ones.. 

Thank you in advance....

27 Replies
There is no need to upload any data and I recommend don't do it because this is a public forum.
But are you seeing any error code or error message?
Setup should show a failure, what is the error message?
If possible, share your model's and manufacturer's support.
My laptop is Acer TravelMate 4670, and any data are only understandable to Microsoft experts so I don't have any data sharing problem with that..
I think the error message needs to be read as a whole otherwise there would be zero understanding of that...
If any expert will give me an e-mail so I can send all error messages including screen shots...
Have you tried updating the latest driver for your device from the following website:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
Oh, as I said previously, there is no update for my laptop at least since 2010..
As my laptop can just download Windows 7...
It's just my wishful thinking to get an update...
So, what happens when you try run the Windows installation media?
It says it's refusing to install because the requirements of the Windows 10 are not compatible with the laptop equipment.
Of course, in the first place the graphic card...
There is a trick to bypass this requirement.
Inside the Windows, try open Windows Registry and first take a backup of it.
Then navigate to:
HKLM->Software->Microsoft->Windows->WindowsUpdate->OSUpgrade
Create a new DWORD 32 bit and call it AllowOSUpgrade and make value 1.
Then if you run the setup again, it should allow you to upgrade.
Try upgrade and use the Windows for a while and see how it behaves.
Thank you Reza very much, but there is just one more problem with the lack of a graphic card driver once I would get there Windows 10.
Because I bought Windows 8.1 some years ago, I installed it and then just found no graphic driver could be installed there...
Thereby, when I opened any website the letters weren't clear enough to read them...so I had to go back to Windows 7...of course, before installing Windows 8 the system warned me about the lack of a sufficient graphic driver...
Generally said, it's all about this problem as my laptop has got only WDDM v1.0...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/windows-vista-display-driver-model...