Microsoft Developer Any platform. Your languages. Your tools. sub titled...BRING BACK SUPPORT!!!

Copper Contributor

Microsoft Developer

Any platform. Your languages. Your tools.

That's the header for the developer support page...Then why don't widows 7 through xp have support any longer...I have friends who say 7 was their windows and me personally 2000XP was and always will be mine but for some reason be it a control issue or money scam or just a sick sense of humor we no longer have support for our beloved platforms. i think we should be free to choose for ourselves which os we want to use and the act of dropping support for an older platform should be viewed as forcing new tech on the people who don't want to move on. don't make us upgrade if we're happy with what we've got but give us the option should we decide we want to try something new. what some people see as upgrades and improvements others see as disasters and garbage. We are not all the same and aren't all going to have the same taste...don't force  us to all eat the same plate.

1 Reply
Every version of Windows comes with support meaning if there is any incident or security issue, then Microsoft would response and fix it. However, they have a time line and it will be expired. There are new technologies which are not available in previous version of Windows and supporting old version would have unnecessary cost.
This changed in Windows 10 meaning instead of releasing new version of Windows. You will get regular builds for free and older builds will be expired.
I should add you could still use Visual Studio and select the older version of Microsoft .NET to create code for previous version of Windows (e.g. Windows 7).