Feature update reporting in WufB

Deleted
Not applicable

I'm finding the reporting with Windows Update for Business, particularly for feature updates quite difficult.

I had high hopes for the new reports added to Intune recently on feature updates under Reports and Monitor, but I've found they just don't feedback any information with PCs that have successfully since upgraded to the feature update applied, but being still listed as "In Progress". I can go into the full report and it will then say the last scan time was the year 2000 (!) and that there have been no events in two weeks.

Even the "End User Update Status" under feature updates reports odd information saying for example under our pilot 20H2 group that almost all have failed, when the Feature Update Version column reports them mostly on 20H2 now, suggesting they were actually successful.

These are co-managed devices, are there any known issues with these new reports getting the information required?

2 Replies

@Deleted 

Great question. Device states are NOT on by default and the administrator will need to make sure it is enabled through the Intune device collection policy. After enabling this, Intune can collect windows update data thru its pipeline (and not through regular telemetry)

Otherwise, I would recommend you open a support case, as there have been some reports of missing (g:id) causing this problem before.

Thanks for the information here!

Just so I have it clear, is it the "Intune data collection policy" that you're referring to, and it needs to have its scope extended to "Windows updates" for these new reports to work?