Devices don't show up in Update Compliance

Iron Contributor

Hi, where can we start the troubleshooting if I don't see any devices showing up in my Update Compliance workspace.

I've ran the deployment script after editing the Commercial ID, and the devices don't show up.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/update-compliance-configuration-script#br...

I've also tried with the GPO settings, like explained here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/update-compliance-configuration-manual#gr...
but nothing is showing up.

Thank you in advance and don't hesitate if you have any questions.

5 Replies

Hi @lalanc01 ,

How long have you waited? It takes anywhere between 24-48 hours for a device to show up once they've been configured with the commercial ID.

@lalanc01 Are devices at all showing in the update compliance workspace?

@Jason_Sandys I haven't been able to see any of the 3 devices I've tried over the last week.

I only see the devices that I've used for desktop analytics

@lalanc01

Your best bet is filing a support request. There's a large amount of potential things that could be going on and we can't really narrow it down without getting more details. 

To do this:

1. In Azure, go to the "?" in the top-right nav. 
  2. Click "Help + Support"
  3. Click "Create a support request"
  4. In Basics...
    1. Issue type: Technical
    2. Subscription: <Select the subscription of your UC workspace>
    3. Service: Log Analytics
    4. Resource: <Select your Log Analytics workspace that you selected when signing up for UC>
    5. Summary: "Devices don't show up in Update Compliance - Product owner requested I submit request"
    6. Problem type: Solutions and Insights
    7. Problem subtype: Update Compliance (Windows Analytics)
  5. In Solutions... Skip it. 
  6. In Details: Fill out the details.
    1. In Additional details:
      1. Mention that Charles Inglis the PM for Update Compliance requested you submit a ticket.
      2. Include your Commercial ID and Log Analytics Workspace ID. 
    2. For File upload, please include output from a run of the config script on one of the machines in Verbose mode.