Windows Server 2022 Version 21H2 (OS Build 20348.169)

Copper Contributor

Hiya

When is the next refresh of the iso for for windows server 2022?

the current iso release of windows server 2022 will not let you extend the partition with disk management or diskpart

disk management is grayed out and diskpart says There is not enough usable space

https://ibb.co/H4sVYF2 

Windows Server 2022 disk managaement.jpg

Operating System: Windows Server 2022 (10.0, Build 20348) (20348.fe_release.210507-1500)

this is with computer install and not a virtual machine

4 Replies
The free space is behind the partition that you want to extend, so that's why you can't extend it. you could use third-party disk management tools like GParted, but as always.. Backup your data :)
I totally understand why I am unable to extend the OS partition,, but why is it this way? Is it a recent change by Microsoft to put the Recovery partition at the end of the drive? If so, what is the logic behind the change? For the virtual environment, this is crazy. We often extend the size of drives. Other than using a third party tool, deleting the partition is the only answer I can find. If that is the case, how important is it to actually have a recovery partition?
Not as important if you can restore it from backup
Hi everyone, I think this anomaly is very impactful.
We installed Ws2022 by changing the geometry of the disks from ctrl+f4 before installing. Initially everything seems ok then the system from the February patch is no longer able to update.