SOLVED

Windows Server 2022 Product Key

Copper Contributor

Good Morning everyone!

I am new to using Server Insider builds, (i have used normal Win10 builds for many years) just wondering where i could find & use a product key to activate Windows Server 2022 (latest built).

Any help would be great :D 

Thanks, 

Jay

24 Replies
best response confirmed by JayTechTips (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi JayTechTips,

You could use the following KMS keys for installing Windows server 2022 v10.0.20344.1
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter:  WX4NM-KYWYW-QJJR4-XV3QB-6VM33
Windows Server 2022 Standard:  VDYBN-27WPP-V4HQT-9VMD4-VMK7H

Please remember that these keys are KMS keys and you would need KMS activation server setup at your end for activating your Windows Server 2022 install. Else you would be able to move past the setup key screen while installing the server but WILL NOT be able to activate Windows Server 2022 after install. This is because the build 20344.1 is a production signed build.

Hope this helps.

Key source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys#windows-server-2022

For activation workaround see this link: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-server-insiders/windows-server-preview-build-20344-re...

Thanks so much.

@JayTechTipsI need a key for

Windows Server 2022 Standard.

Can you help?

It's a rtm.

Hi daletheriot8181,

You could use the following KMS keys for RTM Windows Server 2022 v10.0.20348.1

Windows Server 2022 Datacenter: WX4NM-KYWYW-QJJR4-XV3QB-6VM33
Windows Server 2022 Standard: VDYBN-27WPP-V4HQT-9VMD4-VMK7H

1. Get the RTM Windows Server 20348.1 iso from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2022-preview

2. Install it WITHOUT entering any key. Choose whichever edition you need from the list while installing, for example : Windows Server Standard (with Desktop experience).

3. Once installation is complete, it will reboot and ask for the key. You could enter the key as mentioned above or skip at this step too.

4. Once logged into the OS, launch the command prompt as an Administrator and use the following commands to convert the Eval version to full version:

dism /online /set-edition:ServerStandard /productkey:VDYBN-27WPP-V4HQT-9VMD4-VMK7H /accepteula

OR

dism /online /set-edition:ServerDatacenter /productkey:WX4NM-KYWYW-QJJR4-XV3QB-6VM33 /accepteula

The above command depends on the Server edition you install (i.e Standard or Datacenter).
Key source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys#windows-server-2022

5. Once the command executes successfully, it will ask you to reboot the computer. Reboot it and you would have the FULL version of the OS with 180 days trial period remaining.

6. Now you could use the activation workaround mentioned here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-server-insiders/windows-server-preview-build-20344-re...

7. Once activated, you could update the Windows Server 2022 from 20348.1 to 20348.11 to 20348.51 to 20348.75 to 20348.76.

Hope this helps.

@chinchin85 

I am running Windows Server 2022 Preview 20348.1.210507-1500.fe_release_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso

Thinks for all the help.

But none of those key's worked.

Ok..i dont get it...I actually performed the exact same method and it is working for me.... i didnt use the key while install or after install..i just used it for converting the eval to full version and then activated using the activator.

Those are KMS keys. They will try to activate against a KMS server. If you don't have a KMS server that is properly configured to activate Windows Server 2022, these keys will not activate.

@chinchin85 

Ok I activated Server 2022.

It was a internet problem.

There was to much internet traffic.

Thinks a million.

Ok..cool.....Now you can update your Windows Server 2022 from 20348.1 to 20348.11 to 20348.112

Go to uupdump website : https://uupdump.net/findfiles.php?id=7ea21db7-fbff-4a25-ba7b-e0c40f7dd96e&q=Windows10%20KB

Download both files: ssu-20348.11-x64.cab and windows10.0-kb5004243-x64.cab

Once files are downloaded, Launch Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following:

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"Absolute path of each of the cab files"

e.g: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"C:\Users\<Your Username>\Downloads\ssu-20348.11-x64.cab"

Do the same for the kb500xxxx file too.

Note: Installation Order :

1. ssu cab first followed by

2. lcu kb500xxxx cab file.

I use this method because I have PAUSED the Windows Update. You could enable Windows Update from settings and bypass all of the above.

If the price is too good to be true, it should be suspect. getsoftwarekey.com is not a Microsoft partner and they do not sell legitimate Microsoft product keys. Further, you run the risk of identity theft and credit card abuse.

Good Morning
To : chinchin85
hello sir
as I saw your response regarding a person having trouble i liked to write a message to you , as i am having some problems with my computer , I currently have windows 10 pro and i have not activated it yet as i dont have a product key but i tried to activate it through cmd and it activated but it is showing activated but i cant personalize my comp. and it is showing activate windows .
so if you can help me then its your great pleasure
Thank You
wating for your response

@Affandrg0786 

Use this to activate Windows : https://github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts/releases/download/1.4/MAS_1.4_Password_12...

Password: 1234

Activation thru product key works only with VALID product key (which u said u dont have)..... 

Also this is a Windows Server thread so Win 10 questions might not be allowed here so refrain from asking question in an incorrect thread, else thread moderators could remove your question altogether.

@chinchin85 It's not that questions about other products aren't allowed as much as we want to make sure that your questions get routed to the right teams, so if we see a post that is for a different product, we attempt to move it to the right forum to be addressed.  Thanks for your feedback.

@Mary Hoffman 

Thanks Mary, will keep this in mind for future queries.

Few questions from my end: Server 2022 branch 22463.xxxx Preview is to expire in March 2022.

Does it mean that Server 2022 branch 22463.xxx RTM would be around April-May 2022 (as in 22H1) ? Or are these just my assumptions ?

Would it be advisable to move to Server 2022 branch 20348 now assuming a newer version 22463 would be released in April-May 2022, if at all ? 

22463 is a pre-release build of VNext Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC). 22463 is branded as 2022 temporarily because we haven't updated the branding yet - that happens later in the development cycle. We generally release to LTSC every 2-3 years. We will be releasing newer VNext LTSC builds periodically during that entire time. The pre-release expiration date is updated periodically, so later builds will most likely have a later expiration date. Hope that helps.

The Semi-Annual Channel for Server ended with Windows Server, version 20H2.

@Mary Hoffman

Thanks for the reply. My questions were based on Win 11 22H2 Preview branch being same as Server 2022 preview i.e 22463, hence the query regarding the release timeline (possibly of a Windows Server 2022 R2 or so...). But as you said, LTSC releases would happen after a gap of 2-3 years so that clarifies my queries. Thanks again :smile:

"21H2" can apply to multiple products as all it represents is the approximate time of the release, "21" meaning the year of release, and "H2" meaning second half of that year. While it may coincidentally identify products that released from the same branch and build, that may not always be the case.
Thx for the clarification about the branch and build part.

@chinchin85 

From - Affandrg0786

thank you very much sir , it helped me alot moreover i want to ask you one more question can we install windows 11 on unsupported pc , if then what to do

thanking you 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JayTechTips (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi JayTechTips,

You could use the following KMS keys for installing Windows server 2022 v10.0.20344.1
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter:  WX4NM-KYWYW-QJJR4-XV3QB-6VM33
Windows Server 2022 Standard:  VDYBN-27WPP-V4HQT-9VMD4-VMK7H

Please remember that these keys are KMS keys and you would need KMS activation server setup at your end for activating your Windows Server 2022 install. Else you would be able to move past the setup key screen while installing the server but WILL NOT be able to activate Windows Server 2022 after install. This is because the build 20344.1 is a production signed build.

Hope this helps.

Key source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys#windows-server-2022

For activation workaround see this link: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-server-insiders/windows-server-preview-build-20344-re...

View solution in original post