Weird Bug inside my Hyper-V Server Insider VM where the cursor stays two lines above mouse pointer

Copper Contributor

So the only bug I have found so far is a weird one, but it only affects this vm, and always affects this VM, even after reboot, etc.  I have not uninstalled and reinstalled, yet, but it won't go away, curious if anybody else sees this.  Here's the issue:  My mouse cursor is registering inside the ServerCore VM about 1 and a half to 2 and a half lines above where it should be.  So in Registry Editor in order to select the text from one key, you have to place the mouse cursor down below where you want it, always.  The mouse cursor is always above where it is supposed to be.  This is not a machine specific issue because I have opened the VM on my another laptop and it is the same.  This is the only VM that this is happening in.  Honestly I have not had a chance to install another VM yet, but I wanted to put this up in case it is a bug that needs to be ironed out.  Hope my description makes sense I was gonna take a screenshot but mouse pointer does not show up in screenshot and weird UI artifacts appearing without text etc. so it's bound to be fixed anyway.   Just wanted to document this strange behavior. The mouse pointer is exactly where the arrow pointer is drawn.

Thanks

2 Replies

This might have something to do with the new features they added to RDP in rs3. This has effected me on rs3 awhile, and mine had to do with the new scaling feature. What Windows client version were you using to conenct?

Good question.  I have been connecting from the latest build of Windows 10, however the VM version is actually only 8.0 because instead of creating a new vm for the new server insider build, I used a VM that was running server 2016 and installed into the new server build into that machine.  I think it does have something to do with the Windows 10 insider build 16241 connecting via Hyper-V Vm connect to the server vm.  I have connected to this VM today from my Hyper-V Server running Windows Server 2016 build 1607 and this problem is not present now.

I have actually not even tried connecting via mstsc.exe but am under the impression that vmconnect using the same rdp functions.  However, since I  was able to eliminate this problem using the other server, it must be an insider preview build 16241 problem.