Unable To Activate Server 2019 (1803) 17713.1000

Copper Contributor

Greetings, 

I think this issue is occurring in another thread, but I did not want to complicate / confuse issues. 

Whilst trying to activate Server 2019 (1803) 17713.1000 (Windows Insider)
Windows states it cannot reach the Windows Activation server. (I'm writing from the system as we speak, and it's able to see and login to my windows insider account via the browser) 

This is running on Hyper-V on a licensed windows 10 computer. 
I've included two screen snips that show the information. The activation troubleshooter seems to think everything is fine and dandy. 

Please Advise...

1 Reply

Same problem, I was able to activate it previously but now it's become "unactivated" and produces this same activation error. "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation server. Wait a few minutes and then try again. Error code: 0x87E10BC6"

I found that when I elected to change the product key, and then specified the same product key used to install (the same one provided by Microsoft for Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_vNext_en-us_17733.iso), then clicked 'Activate' in the window following the successful key change, it then activates successfully. Give that a try, if you're still stuck on this.