RSAT installation issue

Copper Contributor

I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16281 and the latest RSAT msu that's available on the Windows 2016 Server Preview 3 download page.  After several attempts I was finally able to install the MSU (it failed several times on a different client with error: 0x800b0109) but after rebooting I did not see the Remote Administration checkbox item under the Turn Windows Features On/Off application. Moreover, I see no other way to make the various RSAT tools available.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2 Replies
Hi Terry! In windows 8/10 the check box to enable RSAT is no longer there. After installation, you should have Server Manager with all tools like on this picture https://github.com/Microsoft/ws2016lab/blob/master/Insider/Screenshots/ServerManager.png . What tools are missing?

Jaromir

The tools should come available right after you installed the update look in your administrative tools and they should be listed. When I installed it I did not have to go to windows program and features to activate it.