SOLVED

[ISSUE - UI] Setup does not show expected fonts in Server Core

MVP

this is a pretty old problem but I hope it could be triaged and addressed.

If you run setup to upgrade or install Server on Server Core the fonts do not look like expected (Server with Desktop Expierence).

it is not a big issue but decreases readabillity in high resolutions.

affects setup wizard and the setup progress

K_Wester-Ebbinghaus_0-1607013177551.png

K_Wester-Ebbinghaus_1-1607013187709.png

thanks for your thoughts if this could be fixed for Server vNext

5 Replies

can anyone tell if this one has been triaged or should I rather post this to the feedback hub?
Thank you very much for your time.

I haven't notice this issue myself but I heard from some users that it might be due to Graphic card.
In any case sharing it through the Feedback Hub is good idea because Windows Server team would be able to investigate it.

@Reza_Ameri thank you for your reply. I don't think this is a GPU issue as it happens in Hyper-V aswell as Nvidia or Intel GPU.

For me it seems like a missing font because it only affects core server installations and with Desktop Experience it's fine even on the same hardware.

best response confirmed by Karl_Wester-Ebbinghaus (MVP)
Solution

Thank you @Karl_Wester-Ebbinghaus for follow up and sharing this issue in the Feedback Hub app . In past I observed similar issue and as we investigate it was something to do with the graphic card driver and as we update it , the issue have been solved. So I believe this is different issue.

Server Core is very basic installation and what you mentioned makes scenes because several services are disabled to make it lighter.

Since you report it, Windows Server team would be able to investigate this issue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Karl_Wester-Ebbinghaus (MVP)
Solution

Thank you @Karl_Wester-Ebbinghaus for follow up and sharing this issue in the Feedback Hub app . In past I observed similar issue and as we investigate it was something to do with the graphic card driver and as we update it , the issue have been solved. So I believe this is different issue.

Server Core is very basic installation and what you mentioned makes scenes because several services are disabled to make it lighter.

Since you report it, Windows Server team would be able to investigate this issue.

View solution in original post