Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE
SOLVED

How to install the lastes Windows Server Insiders build?

Copper Contributor

If I only have a personal microsoft account rather than an orgainisation account how can I install Windows Server Insiders? The login page appears to only allow you to login with an organisation account?

If I have gotten hold of an insiders iso, what product key do I use with it?

10 Replies
best response confirmed by David Hirschfeld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I downloded the Server Insider version using my Microsoft account. (I am a member of the Windows 10 Insider program).

The product keys for Standard and Datacenter are listed in the release announcement on the Windows Insider website. It also tells you how to download the ISO.

Thanks - I did manage to download and install it in the end.

For anyone else reading the announcement page does give the product keys:

The following keys are available for unlimited activations of Windows Server. These keys may be used throughout the pre-release cycle.

• Server Datacenter Core: B69WH-PRNHK-BXVK3-P9XF7-XD84W
  • Server Standard Core: V6N4W-86M3X-J77X3-JF6XW-D9PRV 

I am stalled during install. I was prompted to set new password.
C:\Users\Administrator>
What do I input to continue the install?
This is a Windows Core server edition. Install RSAT tools (Can be downloaded from where you downloaded the ISO) on a Windows 10 client to configure the server.
PowerShell
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://aka.ms/wsl-ubuntu-1604 -OutFile ~/Ubuntu.zip -UseBasicParsing
This is where I can advance not further.
I keep getting prompted aka.ms is unresolved.

Just tried that from my Windows 10. Works fine. Maybe a DNS error. Have you tried to ping aka.ms?

It is a DNS issue. How can we find a solution?
As I don't know your level of experience on network my suggestion is to check if you can run the PS command from your host machine. If that's successful, then check your ip configuration on your Windows Server Insider Preview machine by running ipconfig. If everything looks fine, then ping aka.ms. If the ping is resolved to an ip address but with no reply, then you have a connectivity issue. If it doesn't resolve to an ip address you have a DNS issue

Ich habe den Insider Build herunter geladen. Mir werden aber keine Product Keys angezeigt.

Server Datacenter Core: B69WH-PRNHK-BXVK3-P9XF7-XD84W
Server Standard Core: V6N4W-86M3X-J77X3-JF6XW-D9PRV 
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Hirschfeld (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I downloded the Server Insider version using my Microsoft account. (I am a member of the Windows 10 Insider program).

The product keys for Standard and Datacenter are listed in the release announcement on the Windows Insider website. It also tells you how to download the ISO.

View solution in original post