Does the latest build of Windows Server 2019 (17623) have Desktop Experience?

Brass Contributor

I downloaded Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_17623.iso and tried to build a server from it, but all i got was the Server Core version.  I need the desktop experience version.  Did i do something wrong, or misunderstand this release?  During the install i only saw two options:

1. Standard Edition

2. Datacenter Edition

No option to keep or get rid of desktop experience/GUI.

9 Replies

Check which version you are downloading you'll need the LTSC version. I downloaded it today and I have 4 options, Standard Core, Standard Desktop Experience, Datacenter Core, and Datacenter Desktop Experience.

@James Auman wrote:

I downloaded Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_17623.iso and tried to build a server from it, but all i got was the Server Core version.  I need the desktop experience version.  Did i do something wrong, or misunderstand this release?  During the install i only saw two options:

1. Standard Edition

2. Datacenter Edition

No option to keep or get rid of desktop experience/GUI.

I have downloaded the LTSM version "Windows_InsiderPreview_Server_vNext_en-us_17623.iso" and it does have all four versions that I can see..

I had the same issue.

It appears that the download page does not work properly in Chrome.  Use a different browser and after selecting the language a separate download dialog will appear for the full (desktop+core) version of the ISO, which is 4.3GB.  The links above the language dropdown are the core versions (ISO will be 2.9GB).

Please send me the download link of windows server 2019 desktop version .

Please send me the download link of windows server 2019 desktop version .

My posts keep getting removed for some reason, but here you are:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewserver

- Select your language.  This version has desktop.

The latest version is 18941 and it does not have desktop experience.  Why is it so difficult to find this? Core is still not usable in many scenarios.

@Nealabc_Brian wrote:

The latest version is 18941 and it does not have desktop experience.  Why is it so difficult to find this? Core is still not usable in many scenarios.

You'll find the latest Server 2019 LTSC build (with GUI) here on TechNet evaluation center.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019