Workstation Cached Credentials after 2012 r2 Server Crash

Copper Contributor

Hi,

The Windows Server 2012 r2 crashed a few days ago on a 10 station network of W10 computers.

Because we had just moved the network to a different server there has not been the insanity that usually accompanies a server crash. The users are supposed to continue to have access to their W10 computers remotely. Is there a time period where the cached network credentials go away , leaving the users unable to get local access into their computers ? They probably have local data in Documents, Pictures, Outlook that will eventually be moved elsewhere.

Is there a ticking clock that I have to watch out for ? Should I make sure all the computers have local admin access just in case ? Usually, with a crashed server - it's fixed or resolved somehow, very fast.  Here, my mandate is to do the minimum needed to protect the users. I don't know if the server will ever be back up or replaced and want to ensure the users don't get stuck without their local data.

Thank you,

David

2 Replies

The cached credentials do not expire.

@drosen9 just checking if there's any progress or updates? please don't forget to mark helpful replies.