Welcome to the Windows Server 2008 End of Support Ask Microsoft Anything!

Community Manager

Welcome to the Windows Server 2008 End of Support Ask Microsoft Anything! This live two hour session gives you the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback directly to the Windows Server team regarding the recent announcement that on January 14, 2020, support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end.

Please post your question in a new thread. You can view the AMA Guidelines here. 

To start, introduce yourself below and tell us where you're logging in from!

Slide2.PNG

6 Replies
Hello all! Dylan with the Tech Community team here! This AMA is two hours long so let's do this!
Greetings All,

I'm Jeff Woolsey, PM in Windows Server/Azure Stack HCI. Pleasure to be here this morning!
Hi, Elden Christensen here. I am a Principal PM Manager in the Windows Server organization. I drive the hyperconverged infrastructure story here at Microsoft, and I am a subject matter expert in high availability and storage. Welcome!

Hello Everyone! This is Sarah with the Tech Community Team! I am excited to see your questions :) 

@Eric Starker I'm Ned Pyle. I am the program manager of the Storage Migration Service, used to migrate customers from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and 2019. I also own SMB, DFSR, Storage Replica, and can answer questions about those as part of your end of life strategy. I'm also an old AD engineer, feel free to ask me about that too.

Since we're discussing the Windows Server 2008 End of Support dates, it seems like a good time to include a more detailed list of the products you should already be modernizing... :)

Project Server 2010 SP2