SOLVED

Storage Migration Service stuck at renaming source computer

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I was doing a migration from a 2008 r2 server to a 2019 server, and, all went well until the cut-over which got stuck at 41% renaming the source computer.

I looked at the 2008 R2 server, and, while the IP did change on it, its hostname didn't, so I manually changed it, rebooted it, added it back to the domain, rebooted, but the job is still stuck in the same state.

I can't cancel the job, delete it, make it go forward, I can't do anything really.

Has anyone else run into this before? I guess it's not really worth doing this in an automated way, as, if I had done the cut-over steps manually it would have taken me only 10 minutes since the actual data transfer did work?

I will try rebooting the orchestrator server (a third 2019 server) to see if the job finally cancels or somethingt...

(I'm running the latest stable everything as of today, except for the 2008 R2 server which wasn't updated to the latest, didn't have time for that. 2019 servers are up-to-date)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by adsfasdfasdfaswef (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well, rebooting was the only thing that made the job stop.
I tried resuming the job afterwards thinking that it will realise that the rename source computer step had been done, but it didn't work anymore, presumably because it still had the previous name in the source device.
I guess rebooting your orchestrator server and then just deleting the job is the only way to go at this point. (and of course, completing the rest of the cut-over steps manually)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adsfasdfasdfaswef (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Well, rebooting was the only thing that made the job stop.
I tried resuming the job afterwards thinking that it will realise that the rename source computer step had been done, but it didn't work anymore, presumably because it still had the previous name in the source device.
I guess rebooting your orchestrator server and then just deleting the job is the only way to go at this point. (and of course, completing the rest of the cut-over steps manually)

View solution in original post