Server Manager crashes on iSCSI virtual Disk Wizard

Copper Contributor

Hi, so I've set up a Network with following Machines (All Windows Server 2022):

• Domain-Controller
  • File Server 1
  • File Server 2
  • SAN (Storage Server)

I want to set up a Storage Cluster. Which I did. Everything worked just fine. But then I redid it to document my steps and suddenly Server Manager crashed. I wanted to create virtual iSCSI Disks on my SAN, and create an iSCSI Target, and then connect with the iSCSI Initiator on the 2 File Server to the Disks. But my plan failed early on. As soon as I opened the Wizard to create a virtual iSCSI Disk, Server Manager crashed. I had a similiar problem a year ago, where I wanted to promote my Server to a Domain Controller, then, as soon as I clicked in the Textbox to give the Domain a name, Server Manager crashed. Very weird but after many many tries, it somehow worked and I accepted it. I also had the same problem few days ago, but then I just tried to do it with PowerShell and it worked. I tried to fix my current problem now for many hours, but it I can't get rid of it. Can't find anyone with a similiar problem on the internet either.

lukas5000_0-1679598422401.png

As soon as I click "Next", it crashes

All these Machines a virtual hosted with Oracle VirtualBox.

Configuration of SAN was done with these PowerShell commands:

• Rename-Computer -NewName SAN -Restart
  • New-NetIPAddress -InterfaceIndex 5 -IPAddress 10.0.0.5 -PrefixLength 24 -AddressFamily IPv4
  • Set-DnsClientServerAddress -InterfaceIndex 5 -ServerAddresses 10.0.0.5,10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2
  • Disable-NetAdapterBinding -Name 'Ethernet' -ComponentID 'ms_tcpip6'
  • Install-WindowsFeature FS-iSCSITarget-Server -IncludeManagementTools
  • Install-WindowsFeature File-Services
  • Add-Computer -DomainName cluster.local -Credential cluster.local\Administrator -Restart
  • Set-NetFirewallProfile -Profile Domain,Public,Private -Enabled False

Interesting might be what Event Viewer throws: 2 Errors:

lukas5000_1-1679598832211.png

lukas5000_2-1679598858292.png

0 Replies