replication error 6408

Copper Contributor
I am getting error 6408 on my domain controllers. I have tried shutting of dfsr and re-syncing everything. Everything completes with no error but I keep getting 6408. In DFS Management I have an invalid item showing up from an old domain controller that I have no idea how to get rid of. ERROR: The DFS Replication service failed to initialize replicated folder C:\Windows\SYSVOL because the service detected that one of its private folders overlaps with an existing replicated folder. This is an unsupported configuration. Additional Information: Overlapped Folder 1: C:\Windows\SYSVOL\staging areas\morrismfg.local Replicated Folder 1: C:\Windows\SYSVOL Replicated Folder 1 Name: SYSVOL Share Replicated Folder 1 ID: 43B28239-B9C8-46C4-8708-78E4DB6E3A17 Replication Group 1 Name: Domain System Volume Replication Group 1 ID: 9AC17A3E-FD82-4BCC-B2E8-037A6FD4A0B0 Member1 ID: 330F0D83-6AB5-4EFB-882A-CB62A80DF17A Overlapped Folder 2: C:\Windows\SYSVOL Replicated Folder 2: C:\Windows\SYSVOL Replicated Folder 2 Name: SYSVOL Share Replicated Folder 2 ID: 43B28239-B9C8-46C4-8708-78E4DB6E3A17 Replication Group 2 Name: Domain System Volume Replication Group 2 ID: 9AC17A3E-FD82-4BCC-B2E8-037A6FD4A0B0 Member2 ID: 330F0D83-6AB5-4EFB-882A-CB62A80DF17A
7 Replies
I would if I could find any. The only domain controllers listed are the ones I have, the old ones aren't listed anywhere but it's still trying to link to it for some reason. The invalid item in DFS only shows the name in the details but the reference is BLANK so I have no idea where to find the information it is showing me. I can't delete the replication group because it's the SYSVOL which is default and not something I created.
This is the information shown on the invalid item in DFS Management. I have no idea where to find it or delete it.

<Unknown> (SYSVOL Share)
The member CN=DCONTROL-2,CN=Topology,CN=Domain System Volume,CN=DFSR-GlobalSettings,CN=System,DC=morrismfg,DC=local does not refer to a valid computer object.

Do you have a screenshot?

Just checking if there's any progress or updates?

Just checking if there's any progress or updates? Please don't forget to mark helpful replies

Nope, 3 days of doing the same thing over and over and over and over and..... with the same result. Error 6408, why the hell is there absolutely no information on how to fix this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWF-pVr1JHg&t=405s I follow this video which pretty much tells me the same thing that every other video on the web says, but none of them works. There is only ever one fix for Microsoft crap, uninstall it and go to linux.