Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE

RDP to all windows server 2012 R2 taking long time at welcome screen

Copper Contributor

Hi Mates,

Recently I was having issues with RDP to all windows server 2012 R2 taking long time at welcome screen but it login after 10 min and there is no issue with anything else. This is happening only for domain users. You guys have any idea on any fix for this.

4 Replies

@josephchacko Great question! You've posted it to the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended only for questions and discussion about the Tech Community website itself. I've moved your post to the Windows Server discussion space - please post future questions around Windows Server there. Thank you. 

Hi @josephchacko ,

try this here:
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2155719-long-wait-at-welcome-screen-on-login

Even when its written about 2008 server, it still should work on 2012 server.

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)
Hi. I had resolved the issue. The root cause was the remote registry service could not start on domain controller. It stops every 10 minutes. I followed below tips.
Just go into the login properties of the service you are trying to start and select "This Account". Browse your computer and find the "Local Service" account. Wipe out the password so that it is blank and apply. You will be presented with a dialog stating the that the account has been granted the login as a service right. Then start your service. That should fix your problem.