Problem with SQLOLEDB

Copper Contributor

Hi all:

We are having a problem with an old application (32 bits) that needs to establish an ADO connection from a Windows Server 2016 to a MS SQL Server 2019 (in another Windows Server 2016) using SQLOLEDB as provider. I know we should use MSSQLOLEDB instead, but that app really needs the old SQLOLEDB. In the network, TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are disabled. We have a few servers the same SO where the app is working fine using TLS 1.2, with de dll version 10.0.14393.5850. But in one of them, we get the message: "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed". We have SQLOLEDB.DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB and SQLSRV32.DLL in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

I can not find an installer for the correct provider.

Any idea?

Jose Carlos Salazar

7 Replies
Hi:

Thanks. We will try. But , honestyl, I am not sure we've done it yet...

Regards,
Jose Carlos

Sounds good, please don't forget to close up the thread here by marking helpful replies.  

Hi:

It does not work. I think we are going to try in a new server, because we have install/uninstall/install a few things and we are not sure about the state of the server...

Regards,

Jose Carlos Salazar

Those old MDAC versions are unlikely to run on a newer operating system. You may need to stand up an XP or 2003 virtual machine to run on.

Hi:

Thanks, but that's not an option. Anyway, we have it running in some Windows Server 2016 and 2019...

Regards
Jose Carlos Salazar

Then the better option may be to convert it to some newer platform and move on.    

MDAC 2.8 

Supported Operating System

Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP