Number of licences available for clients = 0

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I learnt that in order to make my workers connect to my Windows Server 2016 remotely, I had to buy user CAL licences. I bought (unfortunately) 10 CAL per user. I then learnt from here that I'll have to put my Windows Server 2016 on a domain. 

I did that and now my Windows Server 2016 is on a domain (which I blurred in my screenshot). However, I'm now having this error:

Richard20_2-1621273557484.png

Since my screenshot is in French, let me translate it : it says that the number of licences available for clients is 0. It also says that the Remote Desktop Session Host server is within its grace period, but the RD session Host server has not been configured with any license server.

Please help me :( I've got to say that when I bought the CAL licences per user for the first time, I called Microsoft and they activated them for me through telephone.

3 Replies
Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I'm not having the first warning "The licensing mode for the Remote Desktop Session Host server is not configured". I'm only having the second one which is "The Remote Desktop Session Host server is within its grace period, but the RD session Host server has not been configured with any license server."
I'm only having the second one which is "The Remote Desktop Session Host server is within its grace period, but the RD session Host server has not been configured with any license server."

Yes, this one speaks specifically to that issue.

http://woshub.com/licensing-mode-rds-host-not-configured/