SOLVED

New Server + new Hyper-v VM - Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms

Copper Contributor

Hi every one,

We just bought a new Lenovo server and Windows 2022 Standard edition.

We manage to install the OS and Hyper-v on the phisical server but, when we try to add a VM we get the error above even if we use the original DVD.

What are we doing wrong?

TIA

6 Replies
Thank you Dave,

Last time I used an evaluation copy I had to start the VM from scratch because I was not able to upgrade/convert to "normal" licensing.
This is going to be a domain controller so I really need a working license.

As a work around , mght also try using a kms key as intermediary step.
Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /ProductKey:VDYBN-27WPP-V4HQT-9VMD4-VMK7H /AcceptEula
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys#windows-server-ltscltsb-v...

then if successful use your own product key below after reboot. (do not promote domain controller until after activation)
slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
slmgr /ato  

@Suporte_Arcen just checking if there's any progress or updates? please don't forget to mark helpful replies. 

Will try that in a few.
Right now I deleted all the files I had and I manage to add a new VM.
For some strange reason looks like my license doesn't allow me to have 2 VM's.
My license is Standard OEM, do you know if this is the reason for not being able to add 2 VMs?
best response confirmed by Suporte_Arcen (Copper Contributor)
Solution
My license is Standard OEM, do you know if this is the reason for not being able to add 2 VMs?

Shouldn't be but check with the OEM about specifics. OEMs are bound under contract with microsoft to provide support for the products they sell.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Suporte_Arcen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Shouldn't be but check with the OEM about specifics. OEMs are bound under contract with microsoft to provide support for the products they sell.  

View solution in original post